Thursday, August 16, 2007

Extras

My love for anything and everything that Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant do has no bounds. These guys are comedic geniuses and are groundbreakers when it comes to situational comedies that are cringe-worthy and uncomfortable.

Extras is no exception to this. This is one of those shows that I was glad was on HBO because they couldn’t have gotten away with half of the stuff they did if this aired on regular tv. Each episode has cameos with great actors such as Kate Winslet, Ben Stiller, Orlando Bloom and Robert De Niro to name a few. These guest actors do some of the funniest/raunchiest things that I never would have thought they would do. I won’t go too much into the storylines so as not to give away too much but this show is a must watch. As is with all Gervais-Merchant comedies, this show is only two seasons long with each season being six episodes. Andrea is in the middle of watching season 1 and I believe she is loving it too. Since I Netflixed it, I am going to have to go out and buy these two seasons so I can enjoy it all over again!

I will be forever indebted to Gervais and Merchant for being responsible for my current love and obsession. Although the Dawesome Greg Daniels and crew sure took my obsession to a whole new level, they could have never done it if it wasn’t for the original. I can’t wait to see what Gervais and Merchant come out with next!


"Are you having a laugh?"

Extras S1 or S2
Price: $23.99
Amazon.com

No comments: