Monday, September 22, 2008

Heeeeere's Premiere Week!

It's here! It's finally here! I love this time of year. I look forward to it every year. It's like Christmas in July...except in September. We finally get to find out what really happened on all of our favorite TV shows, you know, all those cliffhanger season finales, or not. Like, who shot Horatio Caine or will Warrick live or die or who was in the ambulance (or SUV) that exploded? You know, back in the day, before the lightning fast 24/7 speed of the Internet, we just had to make due with 3 months of questions with unknown answers and wonder and wonder and wonder. Unless of course you lived in LA (or NYC) and read the trade magazines and knew which main players were going where. Which I didn't. And didn't. And didn't, again. So I've tried really hard this summer to read only quasi-spoilers, the ones that get you excited but don't tell you much of anything, so that I couldn't be spoiled by opening all my presents before Christmas morning. I've stayed away from any and all Lost spoilers, and most of The Office spoilers (although The Office has been particularly hard because, well, of Eunice, lol), and I've read some others and know a few details about other shows but really don't know the how and the why. And this year I'd like to keep it that way. This is why this season, far more than in recent past seasons, feels so much more like Christmas, because I truly don't know all the answers, or even all the questions. So, now, I'd like to give a run down of my favorite TV shows and give a final season shout out to ER, my favorite show. Of. All. Time. EVER. It's so sad this show is leaving the air but I would love it if the whole gang got back together somehow to reminisce about the good ol' days. It's hard to believe it's survived to reach it's 15th and final season!

And so it begins, Premiere Week 2008!


Monday's shows...
Terminator - No comment actually. Just an interesting show. Save John Conner. Save the world.

Big Bang Theory - A nerdy comedy that is downright hilarious. And I'm such a nerdy nerd I actually understand all the scientific mumbo jumbo lingo that gets spewed around like it's going out of style.

Chuck - This show, among many others, had the unlucky luck of being a brand new show skunked by the writer's strike. It doesn't start until next week but I do hope all is well at Buy More, and if not then Chuck will save the day and make us fall in love with him all over again.

One Tree Hill - This is my one really guilty pleasure of the week. I can't wait to see how the gang handles all the Tree Hill drama and it's been a doozy of a season so far! I'm betting the person who attacked Brooke is the same person who killed Q and is related to the new student in Hayley's class. Who wants to take me up on that bet? It's money, baby.

CSI: Miami - Ah, tonight we might finally find out who shot Horatio Caine! My bet is that it was all a set up to save the innocent, a trap that backfired in the face of those who really did want him dead by gunshot. Although I have no proof I think Ryan may be involved, and not in a good way! Plus, I can't wait to see Calleigh and Eric finally get it on! :) Seriously, writers, get that going already! I did NOT like seeing Jake swoop in for a kiss in the previews. At all. :(


Tuesday's shows...
90210 - I only watched the final season of the original version, but I must say I like this show. It's cute and fun to watch.

Lincoln Heights - I realize this show is meant for tweens and young teens, but I used to have a thing for Russell Hornsby so I watch it just to see his face. :)


Wednesday's shows...
Criminal Minds - Shemar Moore isn't the only reason I watch this show, but he is the nicest to look at. The cliffhanger finale, the misleading previews, and the news of a possibly unhappy cast member skunk the viewers into believing a major cast members was inside the exploding SUV. I'm betting the person who bites the dust is a minor guest character. I hate it when shows do this! Seriously, if you want to grab the fans and suck them in forever, follow Lost's lead and flash forward without anyone actually knowing it. Or move the freakin' island. Otherwise, don't crap out and kill a guest star that wasn't going to appear in any more episodes anyway. Ugh.

CSI: NY - I like this CSI spinoff the least of the 3 CSI shows but I watch it anyway. I can't remember what actually happened in the finale though. The CSI series all know how to parade the eye candy around. Plus, like the others, science is involved and I'm a nerd like that.

Private Practice - Taye Diggs. Enough said. LOL. But seriously, I would have watched anyway because I love Addison Montgomery and wish she had never left Seattle Grace. But I do like where she ended up. Between Taye Diggs, the former Piz Piznarski, and the former Amy Gray, what's not to love?!

Dirty Sexy Money - Probably my other guilty pleasure topped not with cherries but with Blair Underwood. Are you starting to see a pattern here? :) Talk about high falutin' hijinks! Oh and also Peter Krause is back on TV and he will forever be on my radar after starring in one of my favorite shows...Sports Night. What? Did you think I was going to say Six Feet Under?! Ha! But that show too. :)

Lipstick Jungle - Brooke Shields, Kim Zambrano, and Mrs. Steve Sanders. Those 3 alone are enough to make me tune in. Except I didn't. But now that 2-time NBAE League MVP James Lesure is joining the cast I won't have an excuse. If Las Vegas had to go to the big TV heaven in the sky, with an unresolved cliffhanger for a finale I might add (GRRRR!), I'm glad James was able to land in the Jungle. But only as long as he can reprise his flash forward role on Lost at the same time.


Thursday's shows...always must see TV for me
Ugly Betty - Did Betty choose Henry or Gio? Did she move to Arizona or travel to Italy? Me? I'm hoping neither. I love Henry for Betty but he's got baby mama drama now and although I've liked Freddy Rodriguez since SFU I'm not a fan of his character Gio. Nobody does a villainous diva better than Vanessa Williams, plus she can sing with the best of them. I'm so glad she's on TV!

Grey's Anatomy - Meredith FINALLY chose Derek! For real! And I'd give anything to be with someone who'd do something so romantic as to outline our future house in candles on the top of a hill overlooking one of the most beautiful cities on Earth. I'm McDreamin' about MerDer but Bailey is the heart of the show.

CSI - I can't believe the Undersheriff shot Warrick! I can't believe Grissom finds him (he left the restaurant forever ago)! I can't believe Sara comes back! For 1 episode at least. And although I've read enough spoilers to unfortunately know Warrick's final end I do not know if they catch the Undersheriff in the premiere or if it's a multi-episode arc to find the killer. I guess the dreams of Catherine and Warrick sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, won't come to pass. That's such a bummer but truthfully not as much as a bullet to the neck at point blank range. Yikes.

Flashpoint - Another Veronica Mars vet is back on TV. Enrico Colantoni makes the show what it is and I hope it gets picked up for a full season. CBS can never do without enough hour-long crime dramas!

The Office - I think Eunice has this one covered for me. :)

ER - I just can't say enough about this show. I'll post another blog before Thursday's premiere.


Friday's shows...
The Game - a sports-related show with some very nice looking eye candy. Yup, right up my alley. :)


Sunday's shows...
Brothers & Sisters - I love the Walker clan. Sally Field is awesome. Ron Rifkin will always be the evil Mr. Sloane (from my 2nd favorite show of all time, Alias). This show pulls actors and actresses from Six Feet Under, Everwood, West Wing, ER, Alias, Over There, Wings, Reunion, etc. It's a who's who of former TV and I LOVE it!

Army Wives - A good show, one of my faves since it airs during the TV offseason.


Other shows to air starting midseason - 24, Psych, The Closer, Friday Night Lights (seriously, how can you not like this show?!), My Boys, Law & Order (I think I lost interest when Jesse L. Martin departed last season, but we'll see), Lost (I'll leave this one to Eunice too, she got me hooked on it anyway), In Plain Sight

2 comments:

Eunice said...

Shannon?! Are you kidding me, Tuna?! What a great blog! I was just thinking I needed to write a tv blog and there you go writing it and I love it! I am watching some of the shows you are. So Yay!!! And how much do I love that you are watching FNL?! Riggins! Do it for Riggins, y'all!

Seriously, so many shows to watch, so little time. Hopefully, I'll get some time this week to write a similar blog with my shows so we can blab about them.

It must be bitter sweet for you to have this be the last season of ER. I would be dying if it was the last season of The Office. I mean you know the story has to come to an end but these characters become a part of your life and you look forward to seeing what is going on in their lives (yes, I know they are fake)...but you know what I mean, right?

Shannon said...

I was so worried because the blog was SO LONG! (TWSS!) I even made the font smaller. LOL. But I'm glad you like it! I will have to blog about ER later. After 15 seasons (half of my life (!!!)) it deserves a blog of its own. It is bittersweet, and I know the characters are fake, but like you said, they become a part of your life, and I want a final season and an ending fitting for them after all these years. I even had a convo with Mr. Clooney in my head yesterday about his supposed non-interest in returning. No, I'm not crazy at all! :) They deserve a great season and gosh darn it I deserve it too! :)

I have to tape Wed and Thurs shows because I can't watch 3 channels at the same time. :) We can definitely blab. And I can't wait for your blog about your shows! I actually thought you'd have written it by now since this is like your Pretzel Week. :) But I haven't even jumped on the bandwagon of some of the new shows yet (Fringe, for instance). Or some of the old shows I should be watching like Heroes or HIMYM. So little time!