10. iPhone. I’ve only had this thing for a week and I’m already addicted. If you see me walking down the street, you probably won't even get eye contact from me because I'll be too busy with my iPhone. Yet another way to alienate myself from the world. Sign me up!
9. Olive Snook on Pushing Daisies. I know I’m supposed to root for Chuck and Ned, I know it. They are absolutely great together…but Olive just steals the show for me. Her unrequited love for Ned is sad but she remains spunky and adorable and man-o-man, Itty-Bitty sure can sing! I wish I could go back in time to when she was on Wicked so that I could watch her perform. Here goes my most favorite Pushing Daisies/Olive Snook moment from this year:
8. The arrival of Sprinkles Cupcakes in Scottsdale. The famous Sprinkles cupcakes from LA opened its doors in AZ this year and I was more than happy about that. Ok, so I’m a total cupcake snob, whatever. These babies are delicious! I still think I like NYC’s Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes better but let’s just say that Sprinkles has gotten quite a few visits from the Miller household in the few months that it’s been open. Added Bonus: My sister’s mother in law is a baker there so every once in awhile my sis will show up at our house with a box full of cupcakes!
My favorite: Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting.
7. Slumdog Millionaire. Easily the best movie I've seen this year. In short, it's about a kid from the Indian slums who goes on India's Who Wants to be a Millionare. The authorities think he cheated, because, come on, there's no way a kid from the slums can know all the answers. The movie takes you through the kid's life and shows you how all those questions/answers played a role in his life. It is also a very endearing love story. The story is very well told, the movie very beautifully shot and the music was great. There wasn't a moment where you got bored of the movie. Go watch it.
6. Michael Kors Amherst Shoulder Tote. Raise your hand if you are a purse whore (*raises hand*). It was love at first sight. Well, more like love at first touch. Let me tell you, the leather on this bag feels like buttah. Yeah, the bag is big but that just means more space. The other day when it rained, do you think I got soaked walking from my car to work? Nope. And you know why? Because I had my umbrella in my purse. Yup. There's plenty of room in there for necessities like umbrellas. Plus look at how cute it is! It has the strap for you to carry it on your forearm and another strap in case you want to carry it on your shoulder. How handy and fashionable is that, right?! I have the black one. Love it!
5. Death Cab for Cutie Concert in Mesa. I just don’t think there’s anything more adorable to me than hearing/seeing Matt sing “Soul Meets Body”. There just isn’t. Matt and I had so much fun at this concert over the summer that we decided to trek it out to Tucson for another DCFC concert in early December. Good times.
4. Jim and Pam getting engaged! Nuff said.
3. Cruise to St. John, St. Thomas and the Bahamas. We weren’t just beach bums on this cruise. We actually hiked quite a bit, did some snorkeling and just relaxed. We also got to spend it with Mark and Tima. No, we didn't win $2k in this cruise like last time. That's the only reason this got bumped down to #3.
2. Meeting and working with John Krasinski! Come on. You knew this was going to be on the list, right? So, I didn’t write about it on our blog but I know you heard me talking about it. I got to spend almost a week with the guy… A WEEK! OK, so I didn’t spend the whole week with him, but I did make him laugh and I got a hello from him before he “met me” met me when I was just an extra. But that last day where I got to be a stand-in and really met him…A-W-E (clap-clap) S-O-M-E! We talked basketball and he high-fived me. He high-fived me, y’all! Yeah, he’s totally my sancho, now. A girl can dream, right? I still get goosebumps whenever I look at that picture. Such a sweet, nice, funny and hubba-hubba aooogah kind of guy.
1. Our trip to NYC. Seriously, why didn’t we go to NYC during our senior year in college? We all would have gone and fallen in love with it, like we did this time. The four of us could have gone to grad school at NYU or Columbia and we could have all bunked in a cute little brownstone in Greenwich Village or SoHo or maybe lived in Brooklyn and been Mindy Kaling's neighbors. Sigh. Ah well, hopefully we can get up there again this upcoming year and spend another week up there and do less sightseeing and more shopping and relaxing…and eating of course.
I can’t wait to see what 2009 has in store for us! I hope you all have a great year!
Happy New Year!