Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pho Ao Sen

You all know how much we love pho, right? If you don’t know what pho is or you didn’t read my last post on it, here is a refresher. In short, it is a bowl of absolute heaven. One of my favorite things in the world is going to get pho with Matt, Dave and Andrea and just chatting it up while we enjoy our little bowl of yumminess. Up until last week, we only frequented this one little hole in the wall Vietnamese restaurant by Fiesta Mall. Last week, one of my coworkers recommended this place on Dobson and Baseline. He said it had better pho than this other place that we go to. I believed him. I mean he is Vietnamese, so he should know.* Matt, Dave, Andrea and I went this place and it was visually a treat. The décor was very hip, charming and relaxing. So far, so good.



We ordered some appeteezers and some pho. To tell you the truth, I couldn’t taste the difference. It was really good. The only difference between this place and the other place were the prices and the ambiance. The prices for the items here were about 1 or 2 bucks more than at the other place. We were all able to eat (drinks, appeteezers, and pho) for around $30. Not bad. We were paying for a nicer place and a faster waiter. I think you have to wait an hour at the other place before a waiter comes to give you refills or your bill.

All in all, I really liked this place. And how can you not like a place with a slogan like:

“Pho Ao Sen: Simply PHO’nomenal”


We are going to NYC over Memorial Day weekend, so we are planning to hit up some great restaurants over there, including a Vietnamese one that I read about, so I will be posting more pho goodness.


* I feel like I need to say that I am just kidding, in case someone who doesn’t know me reads this and thinks I’m a complete ass. My friends know I was just channeling my inner Michael Scott.

No comments: