Thursday, July 31, 2008

Women be Shoppin’ : Century 21

One of my favorite things in NYC is a department store called Century 21. You all know I love to shop at Last Chance here in town. Century 21 is like Last Chance on steroids. It’s a discount department store that carries all kinds of cool designers. I wish I had all day to spend in the store, but alas, I had a hungry husband waiting for me outside. I bought a few Michael Kors tops and even scored some So Low yoga pants for only twenty something bucks! (note: you can imagine my giddiness when I came across an old blog where Mindy Kaling was gushing over these pants. I love her, so it would make sense we would love the same pants. Yet another reason why we should be BFFs. Also, she luurves not paying full price for stuff and all I have to say is ‘haha, I got them for only 20 bucks. Suck it.’ But she would laugh, wouldn’t take it personally and give me a high five for my find…because that’s how I roll).

I think my major finds were in the shoe department. I bought these super-adorable Stuart Weitzman flats. I’m not one to be all Zsa-Zsa Gabor and wear leopard print dresses or anything but these shoes were too adorable to pass up. I think when paired with a solid colored dress or top with some skinny jeans, you can’t go wrong. I saw these shoes at the Saks Off Fifth Avenue at the Cabazon Outlets in Palm Springs and they had the retail price listed as $250 and the outlet price at $150. Guess what I paid for these? Go ahead, guess….$50! Great deal, if I do say so myself.

Stuart Weitzman ChitChat flats in snake. Mine are in leopard.



I also got these adorable black BCBG Max Azria flats. I know they’re similar to my black Michael Kors flats with the silver buckle but these have a gold buckle, y’all…totally different. I also saw these at the outlets priced the same as the Weitzman shoes, and again I scored these for $50. Suh-weet!

BCBG Max Azria flats


The last pair of shoes I bought were these sandals by Naughty Monkey. I love them because they are different and quirky and multicolored, so I can wear them with practically anything.


Naughty Monkey flats. I love the name.


If you guys go to NYC, don’t forget to stop by this store. It’s located in lower Manhattan right next to the WTC.

No comments: